Rascal Flatts are set to join host Reba McEntire, Miley Cyrus, Lionel Richie, Jackie Evancho, John Corbett and Sinbad at this year’s Celebrity Fight Night on Saturday, March 24, at JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix.
“We’re looking forward to another great year of musical entertainment and successful fundraising for the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center,” said Sean Currie, executive director of Celebrity Fight Night. Muhammad Ali, of course, will also be there.
This is McEntire’s seventh consecutive year as the event’s emcee and David Foster is back for his 13th year as muscial director.
“This year is extra special since we’ll be celebrating Muhammad Ali’s 70th birthday as well,” said Jimmy Walker, founder of Celebrity Fight Night and a close friend of Ali.
Over the past 17 years, Celebrity Fight Night has raised more than $70 million for the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center and other charities. Previous guests have included Halle Berry, Billy Crystal, Kevin Costner, Matchbox Twenty, Kelly Clarkson, Jon Bon Jovi, Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, Donald Trump, Celine Dion, Faith Hill, Whitney Houston, Randy Jackson, Sharon Stone, Rod Stewart, Michael Buble, Josh Groban, Diana Ross, John Mellencamp, Chris Tucker, Larry King, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jack Nicklaus and many more.
Hollywood Records’ top 20 POP-Radio hits:
Leavin’ – #1 (Jesse McCartney)
Party in the U.S.A. – #1 (Miley Cyrus)
Hey There, Delilah – #2 (Plain White T’s)
Beautiful Soul – #3 (Jesse McCartney)
See You Again – #4 (Miley Cyrus)
The Climb – #5 (Miley Cyrus)
Love You Like a Love Song – #6 (Selena Gomez & the Scene)
How Do You Sleep? – #7 (Jesse McCartney)
Come Clean – #9 (Hilary Duff)
Burnin’ Up – #12 (Jonas Brothers)
Naturally – #12 (Selena Gomez & the Scene)
So Yesterday – #15 (Hilary Duff)
Can’t Be Tamed – #15 (Miley Cyrus)
When You Look Me In the Eyes – #16 (Jonas Brothers)
Shake – #17 (Jesse McCartney)
Who Says – #17 (Selena Gomez & the Scene)
Come Back to Me – #18 (Vanessa Hudgens)
Out of My Heart and Into My Head – #20 (BBMak)
7 Things – #20 (Miley Cyrus)
Miley Cyrus’ longtime boyfriend, Liam Hemsworth, celebrated his 22nd birthday on Friday, and Cyrus’ couldn’t have been more excited. The former Hannah Montana star even took to her Twitter account to gush over her man.
“Got Liam the best bday pressie ever! Thank you for putting the cherry on top and making Liam’s bday a TT (trending topic),” Miley Cyrus tweeted to her fans. Hemsworth recently made headlines after he appeared at the People’s Choice Awards looking smoking hot. (Fans are now even more excited for Hunger Games to be released!)
Miley and Liam have had their ups and downs, mixed in with a break-up or two, but the couple obviously love each other very much. Cyrus seems to be a better version of herself when she’s with Hemsworth, and fans love them together.
It’s great that Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth are still going strong. Hopefully, they can survive the Hollywood curse that seems to drive so many gorgeous celebrities apart. Happy birthday, Liam!
It is the teenagers who are more keen on looking different every season, and for that, they follow the celebrities who have great fashion sense. Teen celebrites also set trends for young women as they look very young and colourful. Their make up, hairstyles, fashion apparels, sporting designer collection motivate many women to opt and follow styles. Today, will shall talk about these trendsetters.
1. Miley Cyrus – This teen beauty has been motivating many youngsters with her Hannah Montana fashion. The trendy hairstyles, colourful outfits is still followed by many girls across world. The teen icon is also rated as the celeb with beautiful hair, no matter how she styles it, she looks very gorgeous. Her skinny jeans, leggings, hot pants and short trousers are even now the teen favorites. Printed Tee-shirts and cardigans, high heels and boots, long necklaces and studded bracelets with simple makeup is the highly followed fashion even till this day.
2. Taylor Swift – Known as the glam princess for her cool fashion sense. Her hairstyle and makeup guides have been appealing and has frenzy followers. From flaunting the designer collection to luxury apparels, Swift has been extremely good in being a billboard model. From a fairy tale fashion to a diva, Taylor Swift’s fashion evolution is always talked about.
3. Selena Gomez – This Disney star also makes news for her hottest looks. Her bright red lip makeup and hairstyle trends, red carpet fashion has been appealing to the party freaks. She also experiments a lot with her eyes and hair. The teen star has been giving a lot of tips for the soo arriving summer season. She suggests her fans to wear short dresses like tank tops and sandals, advices to buy more versatile colour and casual outfits. For spring, she keeps her hairstyle simple by letting it loose and wearing a beat summer heat.
4. Emma Watson – The Harry Potter star has also been a great trendsetter for teens. Here burberry fashion campaign is most talked about this season. Emma’s new short hairstyle has motivated many young girls who like to maintain their tom boy look. She too sports bright lip colours and does a lot of magic with eyes.
5. Kristen Stewart – The Twilight teen trendsetter has been known for her Bella Swan look. She always sports a relaxed style or sartorial look. From her casual fashion sense itseems she has moved to bad attitude look by sporting grubby nails and ratty sneakers (as quoted by the U.S Magazine).
The People’s Choice Awards red carpet was hit and miss Thursday night, but what I noticed most is that there was so much Fashion with a capital “F.” More than ever, the objective on the red carpet seemed to be to say, “Look at me! I can make a fashion statement!”
Fashion is big business for today’s Hollywood stars. Part of the career plan is landing lucrative endorsement deals and advertising campaigns, and maybe even having a clothing collection of one’s own some day. Which is probably why young stars are out to prove they can play the designer fashion game.
It could also be that stars (and their stylists) are realizing that the public expects more from the red carpet now that we all have a more sophisticated understanding of fashion, thanks to TV shows and blogs that provide unending commentary on who is wearing what, and designers themselves taking to the judges’ chair on “Project Runway.”
We expect the red carpet to look like a runway. Meaning that it’s not enough for an actress or singer to dress attractively or sexily, she must dress like she’s working a look. Everyone’s a fashion critic, and stars have to give us something to chew on.
But back to Thursday night. I never thought I would say this, but Miley Cyrus was the best-dressed! Her cream dress by up-and-coming London designer David Koma had loads of interesting details — a plunging neckline, sheer insets, iridescent details at the hem. It was more sophisticated than anything she has worn before, but to the point I made above, it did not overwhelm her, like Lea Michele’s draped-and-fringed Marchesa gown did her.
I’m all for a tuxedo on a woman, but Emma Stone’s green Gucci number didn’t quite work. It was less sleek le smoking, and more toot toot bandleader. Faith Hill is someone who always seems to get it right, and I liked the red Bill Blass dress she wore to walk the red carpet, as well as the red jumpsuit she wore when she performed onstage. Red was a big color for the night. Kaley Cuoco’s red bubble skirted Naeem Khan dress was charming (the best of all she wore during the event), as was Jane Leeves’ Jay Carlile gown. And I’ve been a huge fan of Ginnifer Goodwin’s style for a long time too. She looked great in a shocking pink Roksanda Ilincic dress with bell sleeves and lace Jimmy Choo booties.
There were a lot of misses too — mostly because the dresses were too tight (Cobie Smulders’ Reem Acra), too trashy (Demi Lovato’s Marchesa), or trying too hard (Jennifer Lawrence in Viktor & Rolf and Jennifer Morrison in Oscar de la Renta).